The 5 People You Meet On Earth

Leave a Comment

You are only as good as the people you surround yourself with. The 5 people you surround yourself with, actually. Why? Because you become the average of these people. [link] Just like finding the median in math, I guess.

Take a look at your top 5. Do they inspire you? Are they supportive? Are they overall happy? If you can't answer this for any of them, you might want to reconsider your network. These people affect your success, your happiness, and personal growth. You don't want to end up mirroring negative people, and therefore, become that negative person. You are allowed to be selective of who you spend your time with and should not have to apologize for choosing to remove certain people from your network. Don't let someone bring down your average.

I find that the best people to have around you are ones that share similar goals, dreams, values, or are overall on the same journey as you. For me, it's people who inspire me to do the things I'm passionate about: to read more literature, to be educated in all subjects, to want to move forward in my career, to workout at the gym harder, to eat healthier, to be informed on world news, and to be courteous and understanding to those around me.  Sometimes I ask myself, "Is there someone's average I'm bringing down?" This motivates me to be the best version of myself for someone else. Don't bring someone else's average down, and choose your own top 5 wisely!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

BlogLovin

Search This Blog