Makeup Staples

Leave a Comment
Makeup Staples


I wanted to do something different and fun so I made a set of my makeup favorites. Most of these are products that are fairly new to me within the last 6 months to a year. (I wasn't really into makeup in college and the only thing I cared to splurge on was mascara). I've read rave reviews about the Buxom mascara so I tried it out. I also bought the Better Than Sex mascara by Too Faced on a whim just to try something new and I must say I would place that one far above Buxom and I hadn't even seen any reviews about it. 


I recently started contouring, using a setting powder, and a liquid eyeliner and it's all actually really fun. The setting powder gives my skin a more airbrushed look than traditional powders, the liquid eyeliner just gives a more dramatic effect for the eyes, and contouring gives my face some depth instead of looking so flat. I only contour when I'm feeling really ambitious, though. 
Lips. I do like the Nars lipstick because it is very subtle but has a bit of a rosy colored shimmer and the pixi tinted lip balm is barely noticeable color-wise but is the smoothest stuff ever. 
I've used the cc cream for a long time now, I got it in a birchbox almost 2 years ago. I've used that revlon brow pencil since before I can remember, probably 5 years ago. It's a much cheaper option than the Anastasia brow line at sephora. And I've played around with different shimmer powders but this hourglass kind (I received it as a sample at sephora so I haven't paid for a full size yet) is the finest shimmer powder I've tried. The shimmer is a lot more natural than others, it's more of a highlight. 
There you have it. You can click on the set for details. 






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

BlogLovin

Search This Blog